Sunday, September 30, 2007

Statue of the Thinker


Marshall,
I visited a school in Taipei yesterday. The volleyball and soccer teams went up there for some competition with Taipei American School, our "rival". The volleyball team won a VERY close match!
Well, I took this picture of a cool statue they had there. The girl is one of my students...her name is Jareena and she is very funny. When I put Far Side comics up (ask Paw Tom about those!), she makes funny comments. Anyway, this statue is good to have in a school because school makes you THINK. Are you learning neat stuff with your classes?
One time your Mom gave me a gift that was like this statue, but it was much smaller. I used to keep it on my school desk. Sadly, one of my students accidentally knocked it off and broke it. Oops!
I hope you're having a great Sunday!
Love you!
Uncle Mut

3 comments:

Paula said...

So good to hear from you!
Send an email to my gmail account (misshardy) and fill me in on how life has been since good 'ol PFO!
:)

Emily said...

Haha...it seems I am the second PFO person to leave a comment on this post. Your blog is so much fun to read - literary people like you and Paula put me to shame! Oh, and yes, your driving lessons were quite helpful, but probably not lengthy enough! I'm still riding in the passenger's seat. You'll have to cc me on that email to Paula. emily_britte@hotmail.com

a boring sparrow said...

It was cool. The "oo" here says "ue".
The "Oo" from "Oops" says "ue" too.

The "oo" from "look" says "uh".

I'm learning about O's today.
Happy October!